U.S. stocks are set for a mixed start to the week as investors await key economic data, including the inflation report for August.
- Dow Jones Industrial Average futures rose 52 points, or 0.1%, at 6:21 p.m. ET on Sunday.
- S&P 500 futures gained 0.2%, and Nasdaq Composite futures climbed 0.2%.
Crude oil futures showed positive movement:
- West Texas Intermediate (U.S. standard) gained 0.4% to $90.35 a barrel.
- Brent crude (international standard) rose 0.3% to $92.28 a barrel.
Earnings to Watch
Notable earnings releases this week:
- Monday: Thor Industries
- Tuesday: Cintas, Costco Wholesale, and United Natural Foods
- Wednesday: Jefferies Financial Group, Micron Technology, and Paychex
- Thursday: Accenture, CarMax, and Nike
- Friday: Carnival
Economic Events to Watch
Highlighted economic events this week:
- The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago releases its National Activity Index, providing an overview of economic activity and inflationary pressure for August.
- The Conference Board reports the Consumer Confidence Index for September.
- The Census Bureau releases new residential sales data for August.
- The Census Bureau will release the durable goods report for August.
- The Bureau of Economic Analysis reports the third and final estimate of second-quarter gross domestic product (GDP) growth.
- The National Association of Realtors will release its Pending Home Sales Index for August.
- The Labor Department will report initial unemployment benefits claims for the week ending Sept. 23.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports the personal-consumption expenditures price index and the core PCE (excluding volatile food and energy prices), which serves as the Federal Reserve's preferred inflation gauge, for August.
- The Institute for Supply Management will release its Chicago Business Barometer for September.
- The University of Michigan will release its final Consumer Sentiment Index for September.
Stay updated with the latest market news and events.
Jann Wenner, co-founder of Rolling Stone magazine and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame board member, has been removed following controversial remarks about Black and fe...
Shares of PepsiCo Inc. take a hit after a downgraded rating by Wall Street's second-biggest bull, expressing concerns over the stock's rally.
Lawyers representing Wall Street Journal reporter Evan Gershkovich have submitted a request to the United Nations, urging the organization to issue an opinion r...