Hong Kong: Hang Seng Index weakens
The Hang Seng Index (HSI) of Hong Kong companies weakened by 1.4% to 17,832.82.
Japan: Nikkei 225 Index falls
Japan's Nikkei 225 Index fell by 0.3% to 33,424.41.
China: Shanghai Composite Index weakens
The Shanghai Composite Index (SHCOMP) of Chinese companies weakened by 0.7% to 3,050.93.
Singapore: FTSE Straits Times Index adds
The FTSE Straits Times Index (STI) of Singapore stocks added 0.1% to 3,134.83.
South Korea: KOSPI Composite Index gains
The KOSPI Composite Index of South Korean stocks gained 0.1% to 2,488.18.
Australia: S&P/ASX 200 Benchmark Index weakens
Australia's S&P/ASX 200 Benchmark Index weakened by 0.7% to 7,058.40.
Hong Kong Highlights
- Xiaomi (1810) saw the largest decrease, with shares declining by 6.5%.
- Shares of CSPC Pharmaceutical Group (1093) and Wuxi Biologics (Cayman) (2269) weakened by 6.0% and 5.8% respectively.
- JD.com (9618) saw the largest increase, with shares rising by 2.0%.
- Shares of China Shenhua Energy (1088) and Country Garden Svcs (6098) rose by 1.4%.
- M3 (2413) saw the largest drop, with shares declining by 5.0%.
- Shares of Sapporo Holdings (2501) and Yokogawa Electric (6841) declined by 4.4% and 3.7% respectively.
- Recruit Holdings (6098) saw the largest increase, with shares adding 9.4%.
- Shares of Renesas Electronics (6723) and Fujikura Ltd (5803) rose by 4.8% and 4.6% respectively.
The U.S. government orders a Saudi Aramco venture capital fund to sell its shares in Rain AI, an AI chip startup backed by OpenAI CEO Sam Altman.
Lawyers representing Wall Street Journal reporter Evan Gershkovich have submitted a request to the United Nations, urging the organization to issue an opinion r...
This article explores the misconceptions surrounding foreign currency fluctuations and their impact on companies, debunking common beliefs and revealing the tru...