The Asia-Pacific region experienced mostly positive growth in stock markets on Monday, September 4th. Japanese shares recorded their sixth consecutive day of climbing.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng Index
The Hang Seng Index of Hong Kong companies added an impressive 2.5% and closed at 18,844.16.
Japan's Nikkei 225 Index
Japan's Nikkei 225 Index also performed well, increasing by 0.7% and closing at 32,939.18.
China's Shanghai Composite Index
China's Shanghai Composite Index saw a significant rise of 1.4%, closing at 3,177.06.
Singapore's FTSE Straits Times Index
Singapore's FTSE Straits Times Index had a more modest increase of 0.1%, closing at 3,237.63.
South Korean's KOSPI Composite Index
South Korean stocks performed positively as well, with the KOSPI Composite Index gaining 0.8% and closing at 2,584.55.
Australia's S&P/ASX 200 Benchmark Index
In Australia, the S&P/ASX 200 Benchmark Index increased by 0.6%, closing at 7,318.80.
Several companies in the Hang Seng Index stood out for their noteworthy performances:
- Country Garden Holdings (2007) saw the largest increase, with shares surging by a remarkable 14.6%.
- Semiconductor Mfg Intl (981) and China Resources Land (1109) also had significant gains, with shares rising by 10.9% and 10.0% respectively.
- On the other hand, ENN Energy Holdings (2688) experienced the largest decline, with shares dropping by 3.8%.
In the Nikkei 225 Index, the following companies had notable performances:
- Kobe Steel (5406) saw a significant increase, with shares rising by 6.1%.
- Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha (9107) and JFE Holdings (5411) also performed well, with shares increasing by 5.0% and 4.6% respectively.
- However, Terumo (4543) experienced a decline, with shares weakening by 1.8%.
Bitcoin has shown strong performance, surpassing stocks and breaking out from a stagnant trading range. The future looks bright with the possibility of a Bitcoi...
Air France-KLM reports impressive Q2 results with increased revenue and profit. Optimistic outlook for the future prospects of the airline group.